Cousins Properties Announces Colorado Tower 95 Percent Leased
AUSTIN - (September 9, 2014) - Cousins Properties Incorporated (NYSE: CUZ) has signed five new leases totaling 157,279 square feet at Colorado Tower in downtown Austin, TX. Leasing at the 373,000 square-foot, Class-A office development is now 95 percent, up from 51 percent on June 30, 2014.
“The successful development and lease up of Colorado Tower represents an important milestone for Cousins,” said Larry Gellerstedt, President and Chief Executive Officer of Cousins Properties. “We broke ground in June 2013 17 percent pre-leased, and today we are 95 percent leased to a diverse roster of high-caliber companies, many who are new to Austin.”
Additional information on these leases:
- Parsley Energy, Inc. expanded by 61,264 square feet and now leases a total of 135,107 square feet. They were represented by Will Douglas and Nathan Lawrence with CBRE and Jim Bell with Studley.
- Atlassian, Inc. expanded by 48,346 square feet and now leases a total of 72,530 square feet. They were represented by Jake Ragusa and Elysia Ragusa with JLL.
- IPSoft, Inc. leased 24,184 square feet and was represented by Chrissy Cornelius and Carl Condon with Avison Young.
- Kelly Hart & Hallman LLP leased 14,180 square feet and was represented by Burke Kennedy and Mike Kennedy with Avison Young.
- Invesco Management Group, Inc. leased 9,305 square feet and was represented by Liz Tucker with JLL.
Cousins was represented on all deals by Rachel Coulter and Kevin Kimbrough with Oxford Commercial.
Projected to be delivered in December 2014, Colorado Tower will be the first high-rise office tower developed in downtown Austin since Cousins developed Frost Bank Tower in 2003. Cousins has played a prominent role in the Austin real estate market for over 20 years, with notable recent projects including the development of Palisades West and the acquisition of 816 Congress.
About Cousins Properties
Cousins Properties Incorporated is a fully integrated, self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT). The Company, based in Atlanta, GA, primarily invests in Class-A office assets located in high growth Sunbelt markets, with a focus on Georgia, Texas and North Carolina. The Company has a comprehensive strategy in place based on a simple platform, trophy assets and opportunistic investments. For more information, please visit www.cousins.com.